In honor of National Shortbread Day, which is celebrated on January 6th, here is a well used recipe for Shortbread Cookies. In fact they're so good, I might consider making them more often!
- Beat together the vegetable shortening, sugar, and salt, to a smooth mix.
- Gradually add the egg, well beaten, the flour, and vanilla extract.
- On a floured board, knead the dough lightly, roll it out to ¼ inch thick and then cut into small round shapes.
- Mark them with fork, place of lightly greased cookie sheets and bake at 350° from 10-15 minutes.
- Recipe makes approximately 40 cookies.
Have some cookies and enjoy the day!