Grangma's Spaghetti Bolognese
- 50g (2oz) bacon, chopped
- 15g (1/2oz) butter
- 1 medium onion, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stick of celery, trimmed and chopped
- 350g (12oz) minced beef
- 45ml (3 tbsp) tomato puree
- 5ml (1 tsp) oregano
- Salt and black pepper
- 125ml (1/4 pint) dry white wine
- 125ml (1/4 pint) beef stock
- 225g (8oz) spaghetti
- Grated parmesan cheese
1. Fry the bacon in butter for 2-3 minutes, add onion, carrot and celery, fry for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
2. Add meat and brown lightly.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to boil, simmer for 30-40 minutes until sauce is reduced and thick.
4. Cook spaghetti in fast boiling water for 12-15 minutes.
5. Drain and serve on heated dish with meat sauce poured over.
6. Sprinkle cheese over to serve.