In honor of celebrating National Diabetes Month, we'll add a couple of diabetic recipes just in time for the holidays.
If you have diabetes, or you are looking for a dessert recipe to offer to guests that are diabetics, then this recipe for chocolate and peanut butter bars just may be what you need.
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter
- 2 tsp Unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 oz Corn or wheat flake cereal
- 2/3 cup Nonfat dry milk powder
- 5 tsp of a Sugar Substitute
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1/4 cup Water
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, dry milk, cocoa, sugar substitute and water.
- Mix all ingredients until they are well blended.
- Stir in the cereal and raisins.
- Press the mixture into bottom of a 4X8 inch loaf pan.
- Then chill for 30 minutes or longer
- Cut into bars and serve.
Per serving: 9g protein, 5g fat, 21g carb., 248mg sodium, 2mg chol., 170 calories.
Try it out and let us know what you think!